Friday, September 30, 2011

In the Moment

It is a lovely Fall day with a cool breeze and warm sunshine.  The goats frolic in the crisp morning air,  making incredible leaps any Olympian would be proud of before wandering off into the forest to sample a bit of this and that.  After eating their fill of exactly what they want, they amble back to lie comfortably snuggled together in the sun.  The cats curl up wherever they happen to be and sleep in the golden warmth.
I envy my animal friends.  They live each moment without a thought for the next one, doing just as they wish without worrying about what is going to happen tomorrow.  I wonder if there is a way for me to capture a bit of that.  I spend so much time and energy planning for what could happen that I know I miss a great deal of what is happening.  I take less time than I should to just sit, be content, and feel the sun on my skin.  So much beauty surrounds me and I often fail to appreciate it because I’m worried about this or that.  But how does one live in the moment, but still survive in the long run?  I have not yet mastered that delicate balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?