Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Long and Twisted Road

So it begins. 

There are so many new beginnings in the course of one's life.  Some beginnings are abrupt, the result of an ending and often very obvious in a physical sense.  Our move to the Missouri woods was such a beginning.  In the course of two months, we changed our entire lives, slamming one door and bursting though another.  Everything we knew was ruptured.  Yet we clung to the habits and beliefs that had brought us there, the only familiar thing we had left.

Yet that violent beginning was to become a catalyst to another beginning, one so subtle it would take nearly two years for me to discover it was happening.  As I look back, I realize I can never return to myself as I was then.  I am not the same person.  I have come to realize that many of the beliefs I held dear for much of my adult life no longer work.  The fabric of my reality has stretched and it no longer fits my old way of life.  I must expand myself to accommodate what I have learned.

I will no longer live in Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?