Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swept Away

Since I had Monday off for "Happiness Day" (how cool is that!) I decided that I would put together my household broom.  It's one of those little projects that have been sitting on the back burner for a long time, in fact I brought the supplies with me from Wyoming!

A sense of peace and calm washed over me as I soaked and trimmed the broomcorn, scrubbed the willow handle smooth and clean, and assembled the supplies I needed.  It only took an hour (not counting the soaking time) to finish the project and there was such a rush of satisfaction to see it done.  Now I just need to find the perfect spot in the cottage for it to live!

Completing this little job made me realize how much energy these unfinshed tasks draw from me.  I'm sure I spend far more time THINKING I should get them done that it would actually take to do them.  Something so simple as taking out the leftover paneling from the laundry area and cutting it up so it will fit in the trash can would probably only take twenty minutes.  Yet I leave them there to think about at least twice a day.

Well, until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?