Monday, February 4, 2013

Sick Day

I've come down with the dreaded almost-spring cold.  I knew it was coming.  That horrible tickle started in the back of my throat Saturday morning and spread up to my nose by afternoon.  Sometimes it stops there and I get better, but not this time.  I got the full blown, shivery skin, aching head, Kleenex scattered around like snow cold.

This is pretty much how I felt all weekend...
This is the first time I've been sick in a long time.  Of course it would happen on a weekend, but since I work for myself now, weekday or weekend is pretty meaningless.  I still managed to make some changes to my website and work on a couple of articles in between sneezes and naps.  Keeping busy doesn't keep me from being miserable, it just keeps me from thinking about it so much.

I feel better today and, while I don't think I'll be running any marathons, I did have the strength this morning to at least pick up the drifts of Kleenex. 

Maybe another nap though......

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?