Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tying Loose Ends

My first unfinished project finished
One of my great personal failings is I tend to collect projects.  Where other people collect dolls or plates, my life is cluttered with things begun, but never finished.  The result of this is that I can never quite relax.  These little unfinished tasks prod my conscience any time I am idle.  Nothing is ever done because these things haven't been finished.

I have decided that this summer I am going to take back the joy of just playing I had when I was a child.  I remember long days of flitting from one joy to another without a care.  I lost that somewhere along the way, buried under all these things that "need to be done". 

So I have begun the sorting process.  I'm making a list and checking it twice.  What NEEDS to be done?  What can be abandoned, sent to the thrift store, or given away?  This process is much like the downsizing we did when we moved into the woods. 

After all... Projects are things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?