Friday, April 18, 2014

Here I Go Again!!

Last fall, my life fell to pieces.  The very foundation of the life I had known for 18 years crumbled away in the span of a few days and I questioned everything about who I was and what I was doing.  I wasn't sure which dreams were "mine" and which were "ours".  So I stripped my life of everything but the bare minimum and spent the dark winter trying to find some answers.

This is Paulina, my new Nigerian Dwarf
The beautiful weather and burgeoning life all around me have worked their magic this Spring.  The doubts I had about the direction WeeHavyn was taking are clearing away.  The goat and chicken pens seem empty and forlorn.  I miss making cheese and the all the fun having animals afforded me.  I even miss the steady rhythm of doing chores.

And here is her sister, Perdita!
Yet not everything is the same.  Life unwinds for us in a spiral and we never end up in the exact place we left.  I did enjoy the freedom to just drop everything and go.   I have reconsidered the type of goats I want as well as the breed of chicken.  I still haven't decided if I want rabbits again and I'm seriously considering a couple of hives of honeybees to pollinate the perennial food forest I'm starting on. 

One thing has not changed. I still have the tendency to plunge wholeheartedly into a project once I've made the decision to do it.  I've already purchased two Nigerian Dwarf doelings.  They will be coming to WeeHavyn in May.

Onward and upward!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?