Wednesday, July 29, 2015

New Arrivals

Even though the"For Sale" sign is out front, life continues at WeeHavyn.  I made a deal on some Kinder goats two years ago and yesterday they came to live with us.  Whether they are part of our lives for just a few days, or for much longer is undecided at this point.  Some new obligations have cropped up in my life and I'm not so sure that I'll go a-gypsying just yet. 

Our two new companions are Rosy and Blossom, beautiful Kinder does.  Rosy is a two year old who kidded last spring.  She has lovely confirmation and is covered with moonspots.  She's quite friendly and cries when you leave her as she is sorely missing her herd mates right now, Blossom being just a bit too young for satisfactory companionship.  Blossom is only three months old and is about the size of a large Chihuahua.  She is roaming happily around the soon-to-be-bare paddock, despite the plaintive cries of her companion, and seems very contented.

Of course, I can't help but imagine the lovely cheeses and sweet bouncing kids that could be in the future if I am still at WeeHavyn.  Perhaps I am fickle, but my mind roves joyously from one possible path to another...  Staying or going,  I know I will be happy no matter where I am.




3 comments:

  1. I love goats, we have had them for so long....always make me laugh. Yours are adorable, we have Nigerian Dwarf's....best to you and them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,

    Welcome to WeeHavyn. They are lovely! We lost Blossom yesterday. Rosey will have a new companion tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry, thank you for the warm welcome and I'm so sorry about Blossom...RIP to her. Happy you are getting Rosey a companion so soon....so important....you are a great Mom! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?