Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hanging Out

Yesterday was a beautiful Ozark Fall day. 
A warm, playful breeze teased the few leaves still stubbornly clinging to the trees, encouraging them to make that final leap.  A gentle sun sent crisscrossing spiderwebs glittering and warmed my skin.  It was a perfect day for just hanging out at WeeHaven and giving heartfelt thanks for all the wonderful things in my life.

I turned the hens out into the goat pen today and thoroughly enjoyed their antics as they scratched through the leaves with the enthusiasm of a 4 year old child hunting for Easter eggs.  The goats watched the flying leaves in a most dignified manner, while daintily picking out the tastiest leaves for themselves.

I am rethinking where I put the henhouse.  True, it is very well protected, but being under the deck on the north side of the house, it is rather dark and damp.  The girls enjoy their time out in the pen so much, I am considering moving the henhouse into the goat pen.  I will need to add some roofing to the nestbox area since it won't be protected by the deck, but I think it will still be better. 

Besides...the area where the henhouse sits is just begging for a sauna.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?